Feeling hot, hot, hot!
By Sonya Giroux / June 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM
When my son was born in July of 2010, I remember the temperature soaring to 108 degrees. Looking back at the photos of my little newborn, he spent the first month of his life in a diaper and light blanket and little else. Well, it’s likely going to get that hot again soon. Without air conditioning in our office, Nevada Land Trust staff may find themselves working from home during the hottest hours of the day in order to beat the heat. Or you may find us doing the following:
- Holding staff meetings in movie theaters
- Scheduling clean-ups and weed pulls near local swimming holes
- Running through the sprinklers in our backyards
- Finding any excuse to visit project sites in the upper elevations (“Don’t we need to take more pictures of Tahoe Meadows? Shouldn’t we visit and make sure it’s still there?”)
- Monitoring our conservation easements in the buff